Sandals.com and Beaches.com Co-branded Website Link Guidelines
As the New Year approaches, we at Sandals and Beaches look forward to sustaining an enhanced online relationship with all of our valued travel agent partners. In order to accomplish this goal in a digital era, it is necessary to establish business practices that protect our interest as well as the interests of all our travel partners. To this end, we are introducing the following set of required guidelines to our travel agent partners who wish to continue enjoying co-branding status with us:
Having a co-branded link on your Web site to Sandals or Beaches.com brings a tremendous amount of valuable information and photos to your clients, never requiring you to make any maintenance changes to that content. There are a few guidelines we require of our Travel Agent partners, who want to co-brand with us:
- If you enable Display 'Rates" and allow your clients to book online, you will be contacted by email when a co-branded booking has occurred. This is only so you can keep track of "Pending Bookings" made through co-branded bookings in the "Pre-registration" section of the TravelAgent portal. From here on, we will handle all documentation, payments or changes required on the reservation. Due to Privacy laws, you are NOT to attempt to contact the guest or manipulate the reservation in any way.
- Co-brand links which link directly from a search engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo!) to the Sandals/Beaches.com Web sites, must not show "www.sandals.com" or www.beaches.com" as the "display URL." Your agency name must be clearly displayed.
- Co-branded Sandals or Beaches.com Web sites cannot appear within a frame of the Travel Agent's Web site. This distorts the display of our Web sites, and will likely lose your agency's tracking.
Sandals & Beaches Pictures and Logos Guidelines
- You may only use the logos and images, which are available under the "Logos & Images for your Website", found on our site. Use of any other graphics/images found elsewhere on the site is strictly forbidden.
- Pictures & logos downloaded from this page can only be used to promote Sandals & Beaches resorts. Our logos cannot be used on any page that does not also contain a logo from your agency and have to be smaller and less prominent than your own logo or agency name in that same page.
- The Sandals and/or Beaches logos cannot exceed 200 pixels in width by 100 pixels in height. Although our logos and images can be reduced in size, they cannot be cropped, enlarged or modified in any other fashion.
- By using any of the pictures/logos contained herein, you implicitly agree to all of the terms and conditions listed on this page and you understand and agree that Sandals undertakes and accepts no financial responsibility or liability to or on behalf of your agency.
Sandals & Beaches "NO DISCOUNTING" Policies
- Travel agents are not authorized to offer or advertise Sandals and Beaches reservations or packages that directly or indirectly identify prices, price terms or equivalent offers other than those that we have authorized, or otherwise confuse the marketplace or the consumer with marketing practices such as using terms "lowest price guarantee".
Sandals & Beaches Trademarked Keywords
- Travel agents operating at the retail level agree not to buy Keywords that include or incorporate Trademarks owned by Sandals or Beaches, such as but not limited to Sandals, Beaches, Weddingmoons, Familymoons, individual resort property names (collectively "Marks"), or misspellings of the Marks, for use in any form of paid search engine referencing or domain names (URL).
- Travel agent agrees that damages for the unauthorized use of the Marks are difficult to calculate and therefore agrees to pay liquidated damages of $1000 per violation of the Keyword & Domain Name policy. Travel agent and Unique Vacations, Inc. agree that the $1000 payment for the first violation of the policy will not become due and payable if, within seven (7) days of travel agent being notified of the violation, travel agent ceases use of the offending keyword or domain name. Travel agent further agrees that repeated violations may result in the termination of CSS status.
Sandals & Beaches Social Media
- Travel agents agree not to use keywords that include or incorporate Trademarks owned by Sandals or Beaches, such as but not limited to Sandals, Beaches, Grand Pineapple, WeddingMoons, FamilyMoons, individual resort property names (collectively "Marks"), or misspellings of the Marks, for use in any form of Social Media Websites (including but not limited to Facebook).
- Travel Agency may not use Sandals Property, anything substantially similar to Sandals Property, or Typos in any username, account name, profile name, screen name, or similar for any Social Media Website or display or undertake any other activity which may confuse consumers as to whether Travel Agency is acting on behalf of Sandals and Beaches or is endorsed by Sandals and Beaches. The following are considered Social Media Websites: social networking websites (including by example, but not limited to, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), blogging and community websites (including by example, but not limited to BlogSpot.com, Wordpress.com, etc.), Video Websites (including by example, but not limited to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), or any other website operated by a third party, directly or indirectly controlled or posted by Travel Agency.
- For Violations of Social Media Website Requirements, Travel Agency must, at Sandals and Beaches discretion, disable or transfer exclusive control to Sandals, of any non-conforming username, account name, profile name, screen name, or similar on any Social Media Website or display if allowed by the operator of such website within five (5) business days of the date of notice by Sandals.
- Travel Agents agree to NEVER contact a user from Sandals and Beaches Social Media Websites. This includes, responding directly to comments or private messaging of users found on Sandals and Beaches Social Media Websites. The first offense will result in immediate banning from the Social Media Website, any further offenses will result in immediate termination of your ability to sell Sandals or Beaches Resort products.
Failure to comply with the above guidelines may result in an immediate termination of your ability to sell Sandals or Beaches Resort products. Unique Vacation, Inc. retains the right to cancel, modify or terminate these guidelines, this program or any co-branded link, at its sole discretion, without notice at any time.